The Premier Team
B.Comm, FCA, CF
Having qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Touche Ross, Brendan spent 10 years with City firms leading domestic and international corporate finance transactions including acquisitions, disposals, listings on the stock market and rights issues.
Brendan founded Premier in 1994 to provide advice to owner managers on acquisitions and disposals and MBOs etc, and has been personally responsible for over 50 transactions during this period, with particular expertise in building and construction, business support services and the FM and outsourcing sectors.
- Advised on £multimillion transactions since 1986, including IPOs, MBOs, debt raising and divestments.
- Advised on a number of IPOs including Homewares plc, Punchline Group plc and Global Office Supplies plc.
- Advised on a number of MBOs including for Proctor & Schwartz, Nationwide Maintenance and Tyndale Group
- Advised shareholders of National Tyre Services to Continental AG
- Advised shareholders of Royal Beech Nut Pty to Lovacs Pty
- Advised shareholders of Mansell to Balfour Beatty
- Advised shareholders of Silverdale to Marwyn
- Advised shareholders of Henley Water to ESG
- Advised shareholders of MIS Environmental and MIS Testing on sale to SGS
- Advised shareholders of Applied Inspection Rockwood Corporation
- Advised shareholders of Environmental Evaluation to Exova
- Advised shareholders of Insight NDT to Exova
Chris joined Premier in 2008 to supplement our experience in the Engineering and technical sectors. He graduated with a Masters in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Strathclyde and then qualified as a Chartered Accountant with City-based Kingston Smith.
Post-qualification, Chris spent a number of years with Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a highly acquisitive ‘Fortune 200’ Company with over 850 business subsidiaries worldwide. His role involved acquisition integration, financial and operational consultancy and supporting business founders / owners to adjust to the ITW business model.
- Advised on multiple SME acquisitions and divestments in the Environmental, Scientific,
- Facility and Oil and Gas sectors.
- Post acquisition review / integration for ITW acquisition of Forte Lubricants
- Advised Focus NDT shareholders on sale to Mistras
- Advised Hall Analytical Laboratories Crawford Scientific / Maven
- Advised Insight NDT shareholders on sale to Exova
- Advised Applied Inspection shareholders on sale to Rockwood Corporation
- Advised NDT Services shareholders on sale to Intertek
Rupert joined Premier in 2017, after gaining extensive knowledge within the TIC (Testing, Inspection, Certification), FM/Support Services and Retail sectors.
Having worked across a range of business models, including FTSEs, PE backed organisations and SMEs, Rupert has been involved in the set-up and leadership of strategic M&A activities, had involvement in over 50 SME acquisitions, led in multiple business outsourcing and fund-raising activities, working on both the buy side and the sell side.
Rupert will be based in the North of the UK in order to provide wider coverage in support of our growing client base, as well as investigating international opportunities.
- Advised on multiple SME acquisitions and divestments across the globe in the IC, Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Oil and Gas, Chemical, Fire Safety and Facility Management sectors.
- Advised and led on the acquisition of Polychemlab (Netherlands) a 175 person polymer and plastics testing laboratory.
- Advised and negotiated on debt refinancing and PE transactions.
- Advised and led on the acquisition of Metallurgical Services Private Limited (Mumbai, India).
- Advised and led on the acquisition of Catalyst Environmental Limited (UK).
- Advised and led on the outsourcing of Air Products testing facility (Pennsylvania, USA).
- Advised and led on the acquisition of BASF’s Regulatory and Safety Testing businesses (Global).
- Advised and led on the acquisition of QTI and Alta Analytical pharmaceutical testing laboratories (California, New Jersey)
- Advised and led on multiple facility management contracts across the UK for Compass Group plc.
Specialist Advisers to Premier Corporate Finance
We have a number of industry experts who work alongside us on a project basis. These individuals have worked for some of the most active acquirers in the UK and their role is to add industry perspective to our corporate finance knowledge, explaining the acquirers strategy and how they add value.
We also have a UK and international network of trusted partners with specialisms in legal, HR, tax and auditing, who we utilise on a case by case basis in support of your engagement with us.